Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] autoloaders

2003-02-26 16:39:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] autoloaders
From: joe AT joe DOT net (Johnny Oestergaard)
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 22:39:07 +0100
I don't know anything about autoloaders (haven't been using them since the
"good old days" using 3480 under MVS.

But in the long run autoloaders could be a "dead end".
Thinking about a LTO tape that holds 200GB(or more) data I would try to go
for a small library (eg StorageTek L20 og a little bigger)

You should have no problem in getting your different backups to use
different drives. Just put them in different storage groups and make
different policies that use the different storage groups.

The rotation part I can't help on that one. Never tried it and I also never
had the need since we use a library.

/johnny