Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Catalog backup to shared disk

2003-02-24 08:15:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Catalog backup to shared disk
From: Mark Kilpatrick" <mark.kilpatrick AT ttt DOT ie (Mark Kilpatrick)
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 13:15:09 -0000

------=_NextPart_000_0224_01C2DC06.C1950AC0

Hi,  I have attempted to configure a catalog backup to a disk which is =
owned
by a NetApp filer.  The disk is shared and accessible to the master =
server
with full rights.  The objective is to have a copy of the catalogs at an
alternative location to the master server without the requirement to =
send a
physical tape to that location.

The catalog backup fails with a permissions error.

Is this a supported configuration and which permissions should I need on =
the
shared disk and Networker Client Service?

Thanks in advance,  Mark

------=_NextPart_000_0224_01C2DC06.C1950AC0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi,&nbsp; I have attempted to configure =
a catalog=20
backup to a disk which is owned<BR>by a NetApp filer.&nbsp; The disk is =
shared=20
and accessible to the master server<BR>with full rights.&nbsp; The =
objective is=20
to have a copy of the catalogs at an<BR>alternative location to the =
master=20
server without the requirement to send a<BR>physical tape to that=20
location.<BR><BR>The catalog backup fails with a permissions =
error.<BR><BR>Is=20
this a supported configuration and which permissions should I need on=20
the<BR>shared disk and Networker Client Service?<BR><BR>Thanks in =
advance,&nbsp;=20
Mark<BR></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0224_01C2DC06.C1950AC0--