Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Addendum to Calendar Based Scheduling Question P osted Earlier

2003-02-21 14:06:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Addendum to Calendar Based Scheduling Question P osted Earlier
From: Fabbro.Andrew AT cnf DOT com (Fabbro, Andrew P)
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 11:06:31 -0800
>They got back to me today with a possible fix:

>" Before you convert any more frequency based schedules, print out the
>schedule if desired, then delete it. Build the new replacement calendar
schedule from
>scratch. The reason for this, the bug that I am looking at comes about from
converting
>frequency based schedules to
>calendar base. Some of the frequency characteristics of the schedule are
>maintained internally to nbu and that is what messes things up."

Forgive me for saying this, but - that is absurd!  Why should we have to put
in the admin hours to upgrade (in our case) hundreds of policies?!?

Funny...4.5.2 had a problem upgrading NetBackup classes that only became
apparent after you tried to use in-line copies.  Once again it was some
internal structures that didn't get updated.  That solution to THAT problem
was to deactivate and then reactivate the class.

This is a really lame "solution" from Veritas.

--
 Drew Fabbro [fabbro.andrew AT cnf DOT com]
 Unix Systems Group