Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] LTO vs M2

2003-02-20 06:26:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] LTO vs M2
From: joe AT joe DOT net (Johnny Oestergaard)
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 12:26:18 +0100
In our installation we use STK9940B but from what I know a StorageTek
library (like the L700) using IBM's LTO FC drives should work without any
problems (now) and you should also expect good performance depending on
your data, mediaservers and switches.
The problem in a lot of installations that use high performance tape drives
is to feed the drives at a faster speed then the drives can write the data.
Our drives have a max of 30MB/s without compression but we have never been
even close to that on large backups.

/johnny