Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] LTO vs M2

2003-02-20 05:58:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] LTO vs M2
From: Paul.Tarbrooke AT services.fujitsu DOT com (Tarbrooke Paul)
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 10:58:46 -0000

------_=_NextPart_000_01C2D8CF.0A57C7B0

Hi,

I'm using a Storagetek L700 library, installed with 8 x LTO drives
(seagate).  We run NB3.4.1 datacentre on top of W2K (SP2).  Our servers are
connected to the drives via gigabit SAN fibre, with  9 media servers having
a slice of the action. We use multiplexing and multistreaming.

A typical throughput is hard to gauge, but assuming we keep our virus
checker out of action, we might expect to see between 10,000 and 30,000 K
per second on the concurrent jobs across the eight drive (according to the
activity monitor)

LTO has not been without its problems, with a number of firmware upgrades
needed to enhance reliability, but things have settled down now, and what's
more, I don't have to pay for the media !

------_=_NextPart_000_01C2D8CF.0A57C7B0