Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Omniback vrs NetBackup

2003-02-19 13:22:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Omniback vrs NetBackup
From: andyskates AT iname DOT com (Andy Skates)
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 13:22:47 -0500
I have a site where they want to update their backup environment.

Currently they are using Omniback 3.5 to either local drives or mid size STK
silos.

I want to get a case together to convince them to upgrade them to NBU 4.5

(Solaris (versions 6, 7 and 8), HP-UX 11i, NT4, W2K, RedHat Linux Advanced
Server).

Does Omniback 3.5 support connectivity to STK 9310 silos (using Library
Station)?
Does Omniback 3.5 have a similar product to SSO?
Does Omniback 3.5 support all the above platforms?

If Omniback 3.5 doesn't do all the above, do any of the later versions?

Thanks,

Andy Skates

andyskates AT iname DOT com

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup