Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Solaris Master server recovery using veritas

2003-02-16 09:42:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Solaris Master server recovery using veritas
From: nawir AT esuria.com DOT bn (nawir)
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 22:42:30 +0800
Steven your solution is very good.
I want to know how big hard disk space I need to prepare if I want to keep
a catalog for 90 tapes of DLT 80GB max compressed with 3 month retention
period.
My current setting is to store catalog to tape instead of root hd because my
root hd only 1gb space left.
Can I still use rsync method since the database will going to tape not to
/usr/openv.
If can't, can I set alternate catalog save to a NFS mount point.
If yes, how does it work. Will it save catalog in both tape and nfs or it
will save 1st catalog into tape and 2nd catalog into nfs and so on

thanks