Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Inline Tape Copy

2003-02-14 18:26:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Inline Tape Copy
From: ssesar AT rcn DOT com (Steven L. Sesar)
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 18:26:24 -0500
Just to be specific, here's an example of a vaulting schedule I have
configured. It makes 2 inline copies, 1 primary, 1 copy:

Schedule:          Full_Vlt
  Type:            Full Backup
  Calendar sched: Enabled
    Tuesday, Week 3
  Retention Level: 2 (5 weeks) 8 (1 year)
  Maximum MPX:     4
  Number Copies:   2
  Fail on Error:   0 0
  Residence:       netbackup2_stu netbackup2_stu
  Volume Pool:     mailsrv1_mailbox11 rob4_offsite
  Daily Windows:
        Tuesday    18:00:00  -->  Wednesday  04:00:00

When you configure mulitple copies, there's a checkbox which when checked,
enables one to configure a particular policy with multiple copies. Assuming,
you have purchased the vault option.

Once inside the configuration screen, you must add at least 2 copies. These 2
copies represent a primary, and a copy of the primary.

I thought that the OP's question was whether or not NBU ITC creates a minimum
of 3 copies, 1 primary, and 2 copies of said primary.

I'm usually not this anal; clearly I need sleep!

--Steve