Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] available media script is slow and I need more info...anything be tter

2003-02-13 14:11:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] available media script is slow and I need more info...anything be tter
From: rob AT worman DOT org (Rob Worman)
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 13:11:58 -0600
available_media has a glaring inefficiency in large environments, it
runs an individual "bpmedialist" query for each and every piece of
media in your environment.

see Veritas technote 199300 for a suggestion of how to correct this.

as for your added columns request, the info you want is indeed
collected (but discarded) by the commands that available_media is
running, so what you want is very doable... but I'm sorry I don't
have time at the moment to help you do it!  :-(