Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] available media script is slow and I need more info...anything be tter

2003-02-13 12:16:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] available media script is slow and I need more info...anything be tter
From: james.c.siano AT lmco DOT com (Siano, James C)
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 12:16:03 -0500
hello.

Running the available media script sometimes is like running through thick
mud.  I use the script's output to see what tapes are available so I can
reuse them.   I want to bring back my tapes from a year ago and recycle
them.

I run available media on my Unix master, then ftp it to PC and put it into
EXCEL so I can pretty it up.  Paper is better for me sitting next to a pile
of tapes.

* What I'm looking for:
I would like to get a script that works faster than the available-media
* the script would include an output column for volume group and expiration
date.

Jim