Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NT 4.0/NBU 4.5MP2 Client/SQL Server

2003-02-12 14:13:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NT 4.0/NBU 4.5MP2 Client/SQL Server
From: david AT datastaff DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 14:13:36 -0500
For right now, the server in question is backing up after a reboot.

Howeve, there is a NEW NT Machine that is giving all sorts of similar grief.

With this NT 4.0 box there seems to be a relationship between the JOB TRACKER
(typically an evil app) and the success of the backup jobs.  When JOB TRACKER
is not running, the job HANGS, when it is launched and the job is submitted,
the job runs successfully.  All of the jobs are submitted from the master
server as Manual Jobs.

The client process is starting up using a domain admin account, a requirement
for the SQL agent in 3.x.

VERITAS SOFTWARE GUYS: Help me out here...

David