Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] STK9940B VS LTO

2003-02-04 14:55:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] STK9940B VS LTO
From: joe AT joe DOT net (Johnny Oestergaard)
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 20:55:06 +0100
I have lately been thinking a lot about STK9940B vs LTO

We use STK9940B and it's a great drive. Rock solid and 200GB per tape and a
max of 30MB/s (uncompressed) is nice but I have been thinking about the
money side.
Tapes cost almost the same but the LTO drives are something like 3 LTO
drives at the same price as 1 9940B.

I have always been saying that 9840 and 9940 is a class by them self, but
in our 2TB shop is it the right drive?

When we got the STK9940A's LTO was not an option (they where not on the
market) is was DLT or 9940A and that was easy.

Anyone been thinking the same as me?
Or have even tried to move from 9940B to LTO?

/johnny