Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] why do we need mediaDB?

2003-01-29 14:18:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] why do we need mediaDB?
From: v-alexpa AT corp.webtv DOT net (Aleksandar Pantelic)
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 11:18:55 -0800 (PST)
Hey,

I know that the volDB file keeps track of all volumes (knows about all tapes,
but doesn't know
anything about the images),
mediaDB lives on the media server and maps images to tapes,
and on the master db/images/<client>/<image>/<image...>.f files have the list
of the backuped files,
but there are files db/images/<client>/<image>/<image...> that have the name of
the media
server and the list of the used tapes for the image. So, what is the purpose of
mediaDB
if db/images/<client>/<image>/<image...> map the images to the tapes and media
servers?

thanks
ap