Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Oracle+

2003-01-28 11:57:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Oracle+
From: ckstehman AT pepco DOT com (ckstehman AT pepco DOT com)
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 11:57:45 -0500
--=_alternative 005D2DBC85256CBC_=

I don't know your configuration.  At our site we have 4 media servers and
we can assign a policy storage unit based on
media server  and policy volume pool for each backup policy (RMAN/Oracle
or standard).  We can't assign a specific tape,
veritas controls which tapes it uses for each volume pool and media
server.  We have two HP20/700 robotic tape
libraries.

I am not sure I have understood your question. But I will try to explain
how we do this.

I used the example scripts that are installed in the
"/usr/openv/netbackup/ext/db_ext/oracle/samples/rman" directory
 when the oracle agent is installed on the client.  The "allocate channel
t1 type 'SBT_TAPE';" RMAN command
 tells Veritas to use the tape media from the policy created on the Master
server.  These scripts were modified for
our system configuration for oracle, but the basic RMAN commands are the
same

Hope this helps.

Carl Stehman
Pepco
202-331-6619

"Jadranko Boljanovic (EAB)" <Jadranko.Boljanovic AT epk.ericsson DOT se>
Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
01/28/2003 11:03 AM