Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Considering moving to NetBackup

2003-01-25 01:55:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Considering moving to NetBackup
From: jks AT jasons DOT us (jks AT jasons DOT us)
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 01:55:07 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 24 Jan 2003, Len Boyle wrote:

> NBU has a wide range of clients. But they only support one release level
> down. So if you install nbu 4.5 they only support 4.5 and 3.4 clients.
> And Tech support says that they do not support 4.5 clients at a higher
> patch level then the master/media servers.  This makes it fun when one
> has clients o/s levels that have to remain at older levels due to
> application or hardware issues. An example of a problem child for us
> will be hp/ux which has no client support in nbu 4.5 so it will be
> unsupported with netbackup version 5.

According to technote 251712 (OS compatibility list) HPux 11.0 and 11.11
(11i) are supported as both clients and servers under 4.5.

-Jason

PS: Here's a direct link to that technote:

http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_DataCenter/251712.pdf

-----
Jason K. Schechner  -   check out www.cauce.org and help ban spam-mail.
=The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has bounds.=
---There is no TRUTH.  There is no REALITY.  There is no CONSISTENCY.---
   ---There are no ABSOLUTE STATEMENTS   I'm very probably wrong.---