Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Considering moving to NetBackup

2003-01-24 18:09:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Considering moving to NetBackup
From: jkennedy AT qualcomm DOT com (Kennedy, Jeffrey)
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 15:09:42 -0800
Don't forget DDS (dynamic drive sharing).  Similar concept for NDMP as
SSO is for other platforms.  If I had this in NBU I could use half the
number of drives I currently have to use because they have to be
dedicated.  I've run into people who think this is a limitation of NDMP
but that hasn't been the case since v3 came out several years ago.

No DDS is another major inconvenience under NBU.

~JK