Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Linux Media Server with STK ACS/LS

2003-01-24 04:22:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Linux Media Server with STK ACS/LS
From: brian.blake AT veritas DOT com (Brian Blake)
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 04:22:47 -0500
Check the ACSLS server's acsss_event.log. It should be in
/export/home/ACSSS/log/acsss_event.log, I believe. See if you're getting any
errors from the ACSLS server trying to communicate back to the NBU server.

Also log into the ACSLS server as the user acsss (or as root and su - to
acsss) and run cmd_proc. Do a "query server" to make sure the ACSLM is
online and ready to go. You can also leave this cmd_proc window up and then
try robtest from the Linux box and see if any errors show up in the upper
section of the cmd_proc window. Oh yeah, make sure to set the terminal to
vt100 or similar as cmd_proc is a curses-based interface.

It's probably a network communication thing between the ACSLS server and the
Linux box... The ACS API (which NBU and any other backup software will tie
into their robotic daemons) is all TCP/IP based.

B-