Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] WinBatch script to make HTML summary pages

2003-01-23 17:07:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] WinBatch script to make HTML summary pages
From: Jesse.Gardner AT storaenso DOT com (Gardner, Jesse)
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 16:07:14 -0600
I've written a rather involved WinBatch script that is scheduled to run
every morning.  It runs various NetBackup commands redirected to file,
parses that output, and creates some cute HTML.  It makes a main page with a
list of all clients that exist in policies.  Each client name is a link to
its own page.  On that main page is also a copy of what we see in the
Activity Monitor.  For each client page, you see a list of all images
currently retained, as well as what folders were backed up during the last
Full backup of that client.

The reason I wrote this script is so that the various server admins can go
to http://backupserver <http://backupserver>  and see how the backups are
doing for their servers.

This was written with my environment in mind (All windows NT/2000, Netbackup
4.5, normal Incremental/Full file backups).  But it should produce pages
that most Windows Netbackup admins should enjoy.  There are a few variables
at the top that you would need to change for your own environment.  My
Netbackup server is running IIS, but I suppose you could have it write the
HTML files to another server if necessary.  This was written in WinBatch
2000c.  I'm sure it would work with newer versions.  You've got to own the
WinBatch program to execute/compile the scripts.  (http://www.winbatch.com
<http://www.winbatch.com> )

Email me if you'd like a copy of this script.  jesse.gardner AT storaenso DOT
com

Jesse Gardner
510 High Street
Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495