Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Question for Veritas NB forum: what command(s) can I use to iden tify write-protected tapes in a library

2003-01-23 16:13:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Question for Veritas NB forum: what command(s) can I use to iden tify write-protected tapes in a library
From: Aren.Parisi AT wwireless DOT com (Parisi, Aren)
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 13:13:51 -0800
NB 3.4GA on HP-UX 11.i master server.
ADIC scalar 10k 20 LTO drives and HP-UX SureStore 10/180 10 DLT8000 drives.
with the 10/180, during times of no backups you may open the front door and
gain visual inspection to remove write-protected tapes. This will reset the
library, takes ~10minutes to initialize.

The ADIC library may not be opened on a "casual" basis, need commands to
force the robot to discover write-protected LTO tapes if possible.

     Aren M. Parisi *
 Information Technology
  Western Wireless Corp.
(425)313-5225 mob.(206)795-6631