Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: [NBUADV-L] Unknown Media ID...please HELP!

2003-01-23 12:01:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: [NBUADV-L] Unknown Media ID...please HELP!
From: Gary Losito" <gary AT losito DOT ws (Gary Losito)
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 12:01:32 EST
Unfortunately, I do not have a windows box and tape subsystem that I can
experiment with, so here are a few suggestions:

load the tape into the drive (waiting until all activity stops) and issue the
following command to see if it comes back with the tape info:

vmoprcmd -d

Does this tape have an EVSN ( is it in a barcode library?)  If so, try doing
this with the EVSN and see if the tape header shows the RVSN:

bpmedialist -mcontents -ev <EVSN>

If not, try downloading dd for windows (or the unix utils for windows) and
accomplishing the same task posted originally.  Try replacing /dev/rmt with the
device name in windows - performing a tpconfig -d should list your tape
devices.  They're usually tape0, tape1, etc...

I apologize but I don't have a windows box in front of me to experiment - this
is all off the top of my head.

HTH,
Gary