Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Unrecognized -J string on oracle restore (Netbackup 3.4)

2003-01-22 13:40:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Unrecognized -J string on oracle restore (Netbackup 3.4)
From: boatm005 AT admin.ndis.umn DOT edu (Paul Boatman)
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 12:40:43 -0600
Hey guys,

While doing a restore of a Oracle DB from the afternoon of Jan 12th
(huge zipped files), we received the following errors:

Expected start message from <client>

Unrecognized -J string requesting_client=

The interesting part is that, eventually we discovered that the restore
WAS indeed running, and until 2 hours later, no status was given, but
eventually the restore finished successfully. This is still a strange
error which we would like to get resolved.

When the database admins went over the restored files, they showed up
as files from the 13th.  Any input on this ? I still view this as a
successful restore since they got their data, but cannot figure out why
it shows up as a file from the 13th when that data wasn't even backed
up.

Thanks !

- Paul

This e-mail and its attachments have been scanned for viruses.
NDIS -  University of Minnesota