Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] list media by last written date

2003-01-22 11:04:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] list media by last written date
From: david AT datastaff DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 11:04:20 -0500
Well I wrote a script that can be grabbed from my site, nbucentral.com, called
tape_rotation.sh that will do something similar.  This was written for a
customer who had a tape library too small for their environment so we had to
determine which tapes were the "best" candidates for removal and to be replaced
with SCRATCH media.

The basis of our selection criteria is this:

All FULL backups that were last read X days ago (TOO_OLD variable I think).

The thought was that the incrementals would fall off more quickly so we
eliminated those as being candidates.

Otherwise, if you just want to just get the tapes last written x hoursago you
can do this

Media Written
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpimagelist -A -media -d 04/17/01 15:53:00 -e
04/18/01 23:59:00

or you can use -hoursago as well.

David