Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Reporting on jobs that are in process or queued

2003-01-22 09:32:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Reporting on jobs that are in process or queued
From: JGlancey AT CNTUS.JNJ DOT COM (Glancey, John [NCSUS - NON J&J])
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 09:32:04 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2C223.08BDC5B6

I have NetBackup generate a report in the morning of all the jobs that ran
the prior evening (bperror -U -backstat -hoursago 24) and their status and
this is emailed via blat to all of the operators and engineers.  However, we
had occasion where a job will hang, etc. and that does not appear on the
report.  If no one happens to look at NetBackup during the day and it is
still hung, all of the next nights backups fail.

Does anyone have any good ideas on how to report on jobs that are queued or
running and how long they have been running?

NBU 3.41_2 running on Win2000 Server.

John Glancey
jglancey AT cntus.jnj DOT com

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2C223.08BDC5B6

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2655.35">
<TITLE>Reporting on jobs that are in process or queued</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I have NetBackup generate a report in =
the morning of all the jobs that ran the prior evening (bperror -U =
-backstat -hoursago 24) and their status and this is emailed via blat =
to all of the operators and engineers.&nbsp; However, we had occasion =
where a job will hang, etc. and that does not appear on the =
report.&nbsp; If no one happens to look at NetBackup during the day and =
it is still hung, all of the next nights backups fail.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Does anyone have any good ideas on how =
to report on jobs that are queued or running and how long they have =
been running?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">NBU 3.41_2 running on Win2000 =
Server.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">John Glancey</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">jglancey AT cntus.jnj DOT com</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C2C223.08BDC5B6--