Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Migration question

2003-01-21 17:52:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Migration question
From: Len.Boyle AT sas DOT com (Len Boyle)
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 17:52:28 -0500
Hello Michael

As far as I know, netbackup has no command or support function like the tsm
rename node command.
Most likely because one was planning on doing a full backup on the next weekend
anyway. Something TSM tries to stay away from.

Since the netbackup catalog is a series of flat files, a guru might have a perl
script for renaming all the parts required to rename a node. But I have not
heard of it. (Not an auth answer).

If not it is not that bad. If one deletes all the nodes from the old classes
(policies in nbu 4.5) this does not delete the image files in the netbackup
catalog, so one can still do restores using  the old node names.

If you did not want to have all the old FQDN names deleted from policys and do
not mind having double entries, one could mark the existing classes incactive
and define new classes with the new node names.

Let us know how it works out.

len boyle