Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Upgraded to 4.5

2003-01-20 17:00:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Upgraded to 4.5
From: veritas-bu AT jasons DOT us (veritas-bu AT jasons DOT us)
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 17:00:15 -0500 (EST)
One thing you can try is increasing the amount of memory that the java
console uses at startup.  If there's a value in /usr/openv/java/nbj.conf
it'll use that and if not it'll take the default from the jnbSA and jbpSA
start scripts.  Look for the lines that read:

INITIAL_MEMORY=36M
MAX_MEMORY=512M

and assuming you have enough RAM for it try doubling the initial value.

This can also be done with the 3.4 java GUI if you look in the jnbSA and
jbpSA start script you'll see the line that actually starts the binaries
and it'll have parameters like "-ms xxxx -mx yyyy" which are the memory
start and memory max entries.  Since I don't have a 3.4 installation to
look at those two entries are from memory (no pun intended) so they may
not be exactly right but they're close.

-Jason

-----
Jason K. Schechner  -   check out www.cauce.org and help ban spam-mail.
=The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has bounds.=
---There is no TRUTH.  There is no REALITY.  There is no CONSISTENCY.---
   ---There are no ABSOLUTE STATEMENTS   I'm very probably wrong.---