Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Help! Installing Quantum ATL 1500 and Win2K

2003-01-20 12:51:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Help! Installing Quantum ATL 1500 and Win2K
From: michael.p.french AT intel DOT com (French, Michael P)
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 09:51:54 -0800
        I need some help installing an ATL 1500 with 2 DLT8000 drives under
Win2K Advanced server.  The server is a Dell 6350 with 2 PERC/2 LVD SCSI
controllers.  The external RAID array (PV200) is attached to the first
controller and the internal drivers are attached to the second controller.
I currently have the ATL library attached to the second port of the second
controller.  The library is assigned SCSI ID 0, tape drive 1 is ID 2, and
tape drive 2 is ID3.  I have installed Win2K, but it does not see the
drives.
        When the system boots up, I run the SCSI config utility built into
the adapters and it sees the library and the two tape drives on the second
controller with the ID's they are supposed to have.  I let Winblows boot up
and it does not see the devices anywhere.  I ran the device manager and let
it scan twice with no luck.  Neither of the drives are showing up anywhere,
there is not even a "Tape Drives" category or an "Other" category listed.
Any suggestions?  Windows should see it shouldn't it, when the adapter can
see it?  Please help!

Michael French
Platform Engineer
Intel IOS