Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Duplication

2003-01-17 18:44:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Duplication
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 17:44:21 -0600
--=_alternative 008260B286256CB1_=

vault is quite expensive.  it's great to have a product that is supported
by veritas, so nothing against vault... it's just not cheap.

Just because you're running Windows doesn't mean you are limited to
Windows scripting methods (i.e. command.com, vbscript, wscript, etc.).

Many scripts and examples can be found on the web so you can use other's
work/experience to your benefit.

On Windows servers you can install other *nix type shells.  Korn shell
that comes with MKS Tool Kit works great, not only for scripting, but for
just having a more robust shell and powerful list of commands to choose
from for everyday CLI stuff.

Perl is another option.  Go to www.activestate.com for a free download.

- Scott

"Marx, Keath" <Keath.Marx AT anthem DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
01/17/2003 04:18 PM