Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] multiple types of tape drives; Netbackup 4.5, Solaris Box

2003-01-16 17:33:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] multiple types of tape drives; Netbackup 4.5, Solaris Box
From: david.letnes AT unisys DOT com (Letnes, David G.)
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 16:33:44 -0600
    Currently we are using 9840 tape drives to do backups.  The DR site just
put in DLT tape drives!  Can I install 1 DLT tape drive in a STK L700 silo
and have the DLT tapes ONLY doing offsite backups.  Granted these offsite
tapes would have to be put in its own volume pool and defined in our Vault
4.5 software.
  In the above scenario, can a backup done on a 9840 drive send its data
over to a tape located in a DLT tape drive all nested happily in the same
silo?

Thank You
David