Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Drives down NBU 4.5 MP2

2003-01-13 13:54:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Drives down NBU 4.5 MP2
From: Quarantine AT GSCCCA DOT ORG (Quarantine)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 13:54:27 -0500
I've been seeing a similar problem.  I have 4 FC drives (STK9840) and 3
servers (Win2K with NBU 4.5 MP2).  Intermittantly, I'll see between 1 and 4
drives down for specific servers.  The problem occurs for all servers, and
other servers are able to write to the down drive.  For example, I may see
drive 1 down on server 1, drive 3 down on server 2 and drive 2 down on
server 3.  I haven't been able to figure out a pattern yet.  I can up the
drives on the individual servers, and things work fine until the next time
NetBackup decides to down the drives.  Oddly enough, the problem has cleared
up over the past few weeks without my doing anything of which I'm aware.

Matt