Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Win2k Advance Server status code 35

2003-01-10 02:59:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Win2k Advance Server status code 35
From: nawir AT esuria.com DOT bn (nawir)
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 15:59:18 +0800
Hi Experts,

My customer has Master/Media server in Solaris 8 and a Win2kAdvanceServer as
a client

When nbu client for Win2k (netbackup) do automatic or manual backup, it give
error code 35 in the Activity Report.

I don't have any error to backup solaris client.

>From NetBackup UNIX Troubleshoting Guide p. 95

Status Code: 35

Message: cannot make required directory

Explanation: Could not create a required directory. Possible causes are:

1. A process does not have permission to create the directory

2. The path to the directory is not valid

3. An IO error occurs

4. There was no space available on the device containing the directory

Recommended Action:

1. Check the NetBackup All Log Entries report to determine which directory
could not

be created and why it could not be created. In particular, check for a full
disk partition.

2. Check the permissions on the parent directory and verify that NetBackup
services are

started with a "Logon as" account that has permission to create the
directory.

3. For detailed troubleshooting information, create an activity log
directory for the

process that returned this status code, retry the operation, and check the
resulting

activity log.

According to my customer, he only add one user on a group recently. From
trobleshooting guide explanation and after I check in the pc itself, I found
this

1. A process does not have permission to create the directory

NBU already run as guru that has all permission except full control
permission. NBU running under this a/c is working previously. We try to run
it with Full Control permission but got the same error

2. The path to the directory is not valid

This is the same directory nbu backup previously

3. An IO error occurs

nbu can backup solaris client perfectly

4. There was no space available on the device containing the directory

win2k client HD still have many space on it

What is other possible way to solve the problem.

thanks