Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Literally backing up policies, schedules, client list, etc.

2003-01-10 11:59:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Literally backing up policies, schedules, client list, etc.
From: WTSmith AT maine DOT edu (Wayne T. Smith)
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 11:59:50 -0500
David A. Chapa wrote, in part:
> Read Chapter 5 of the Troubleshooting Guide.
>
> The answer is yes, when you successfully backup your catalog, you are also
> protecting the policies that you have created.
>
> With that said, you are only protected if you have all of the right paths in
> your catalog backup.
>
> /usr/openv/netbackup/db
> /usr/openv/var
> /usr/openv/volmgr/database
> <<anything else you want too, remember this is basically a tar of regular
> files
> with the exception of netbackup quiecsing the catalog when it is
> automatically
> scheduled for backup.  some people put their DR document path in this list as
> well>>
>
> AND if you have media servers
>
> MEDIASERVER:/usr/openv/netbackup/db

I'll plead some ignorance as to which ones, but you may also wish to add
one or more config files.  Perhaps one or more of ...

   ash:/usr/openv/netbackup/bp.conf
   ash:/usr/openv/java/nbj.conf
   ash:/usr/openv/java/auth.conf
   ash:/usr/openv/volmgr/vm.conf

as well as procedural or opsys/device information.

cheers, wayne
--

Wayne T. Smith -- WTSmith AT Maine DOT edu
University of Maine System -- UNET -- Systems Software Analyst