Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] AIX/Quantum/Fibre

2003-01-09 10:52:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] AIX/Quantum/Fibre
From: stefos" <stefanos AT performance DOT gr (stefos)
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 17:52:38 +0200

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C2B807.E5DB1FA0

HI,

I think that this is netbackup problem not atl problem.
ATL tries to move the tape from the drive but the tape isn't unloaded=20
(if you try to reset the drive from device monitor you will fail and the =
drive will go down)=20
The AIX command to unload the drive works fine.

Our solution is to use the AIX command to unload all drives after a =
backup (bpend_notify) using the AIX command . The drive will unload the =
tape ,then ATL will find the tape unloaded and will move it to the right =
bin. This works for us (all other drives working with backups will not =
disterb from this command (use scsi_reserved).

Netbackup 4.5 has a drive_unload_notify in volmgr/database. )ne of the =
parameters is the drive being unload. it is beter to use this script to =
unload with AIX command the spesific drive and not all .(this is not =
tested. the customer is in 4.3 )

Monovasios Stefanos
Performance Technologies
Greece