Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Encryption

2003-01-09 09:19:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Encryption
From: jkennedy AT qualcomm DOT com (Kennedy, Jeffrey)
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 06:19:23 -0800
If I remember correctly the NBU encryption is only for network
transfers, not to tape.

I had asked this question here several months back and someone sent me a
link to a company who was working on a product that would sit inline on
a fiber channel network and do data encryption to the destination.  It
didn't matter if the destination was tape, disk, or optical disk.  At
the time the product was beta but I would imagine a GA release has
happened since.  Maybe that person would be kind enough to post the link
again?

~JK

Encryption
> module only does DES, and I haven't found any alternatives.
>
> thanks, Phil
>
> Phil Weber
> Egg Distributed Hosts - UNIX Systems Engineer
>

> This private and confidential e-mail has been sent to you by Egg.
> The Egg group of companies includes Egg Banking plc
> (registered no. 2999842), Egg Financial Products Ltd (registered
> no. 3319027) and Egg Investments Ltd (registered no. 3403963) which
> carries out investment business on behalf of Egg and is regulated
> by the Financial Services Authority.
> Registered in England and Wales. Registered offices: 1 Waterhouse
Square,