Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] In Line tape Copy - I WAS WRONG!

2003-01-07 15:59:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] In Line tape Copy - I WAS WRONG!
From: david AT datastaff DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 14:59:48 -0600
Hey, don't start calling your VERITAS Rep and tell them that CHAPA
SAID...cause I'll get phone calls...

I used the TERM Storage Unit too loosely.  Inline TAPE COPY can go to
multiple Storage Units BUT they must be on the SAME Media Server.

1000 pardons to all the sales reps who may be receiving nastygrams at this
very moment.

REPEAT.

You can perform INLINE TAPE COPY to multiple STORAGE UNITS, but they must be
on the SAME MEDIA SERVER.

http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_DataCenter/246
847.pdf

Whew...