Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backing up a NetApp

2002-12-18 16:44:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backing up a NetApp
From: ron AT linux DOT ca (Ron Lyman)
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 16:44:15 -0500 (EST)
Good news here - a request for a NetApp F810 has just been approved.  Now
I need to be ready to back it up.  We are running NBU 3.4 on Win2K (one
server is both master and media server).  This backup server is also
hosting shared files and therefore is backing up local drives (we have a
fairly small office).  How do I re-config to back up the remote NetApp
share?  My understanding is that I cannot run anything on the NetApp, like
say a NBU client, so how do I back it up?  Can I just map a local drive
letter to the share and enable 'cross mount points'?  Backup right from
the UNC path?

I suppose your first thought is RTFM.  I'll be doing that tomorrow, just
thought I'd fire off a preliminary mail to see how others are handling
NetApps specifically.

Regards,
Ron Lyman
Network Support