Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DR for Master / Media Servers

2002-12-18 00:37:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DR for Master / Media Servers
From: Simon.WEAVER AT astrium-space DOT com (WEAVER, Simon)
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 05:37:47 -0000
Hello Everyone
I have been testing the IDR solution within Netbackup 3.4.

I got a couple of questions regarding the use of the IDR with Windows NT
Master & Media Servers.

1)      If I was to lose the System Partition and all the \Path\Veritas
Folders is there any point in having an IDR solution in place? My reason for
asking is that I cannot see how IDR will help a Master or Media Server if
there is no Netbackup Server to restore to? My Veritas folder is also on an
E: Partition
2)      In terms of DR on a Master / Media I would assume the best way
forward would be to rebuilt NT install Netbackup and use BPRecover to
recover the DB files from Tape?

Thanks for any input - Merry Christmas

Simon Weaver
NT Domain Administrator
Ext. 5544
Tel: 02392-705544 (Direct Dial)
Simon.Weaver AT Astrium-Space DOT com

If you have received it in error then you must not use, retain, disseminate
or otherwise deal with it.  Please notify the sender by return email.
The views of the author may not necessarily constitute the views of Astrium
Limited.
Nothing in this email shall bind Astrium Limited in any contract or obligation.