Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup 4.5 - Command line tool to search the catalog for files

2002-12-17 08:47:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 4.5 - Command line tool to search the catalog for files
From: nantel AT ecopiabio DOT com (Mathieu Nantel)
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 08:47:47 -0500
Hi all,

Is there a way to search the catalog for files using the command line
interface? I have Netbackup DC running on Solaris, and I can't seem to find the
proper tool for that. Reason I need this is that when attempting to do a
restore, the only moment I get to know which tapes are needed for the restore
of file ABCD is when I actually start the restore. There has to be a way to
search the catalog for files, and if someone can give me any clue on that, much
appreciated!

Thanks,

--
Mat Nantel