Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Breaking up images for optimization of many smal l files

2002-12-12 12:01:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Breaking up images for optimization of many smal l files
From: Quarantine AT GSCCCA DOT ORG (Quarantine)
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 12:01:26 -0500
A couple of other suggestions from someone who has to back up 55 million
files with an average size of 50K:

1.  Disable OTM if possible.
2.  Make sure the job tracker is disabled on the client machine.

I use a policy for each subset of files that I back up so I can have more
control over what runs.  Also, if you use a single policy and the backup
fails, you have to restart the whole thing.  If you break it up, you can
just rerun the failed portion.

Matt