Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: Veritas-bu Netware OTm problem

2002-12-12 04:57:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: Veritas-bu Netware OTm problem
From: hampus.lind AT rps.police DOT se (Hampus Lind)
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 10:57:22 +0100
Hi Sandra!

I`am sorry to have to tell you that i don`t have a solution for this problem,
neither do Veritas Support, yet.
It seems to be a common issue with backup software for NetWare, Backup exec,
has the same problem. probably because it uses OTM in the same way. Ther is
some 3-party software that works better.

The funny thing is, that is can work fine for weeks, and then just stop to work
at all, when that occur it seems that you never can fix the problem. We have
several Netware gurus that have tried to fix this problem for a very long time,
without any success, this case is still open with both Veritas Support and
Novell Support.

For now we have OTM turned off, on all netware klients.

Regards Hampus.