Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Rotating tapes

2002-12-11 07:59:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Rotating tapes
From: timothy.arnold AT becta.org DOT uk (Timothy Arnold)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 12:59:50 -0000
Hello,

I have a question regarding Netbackup 3.4 and rotating tapes. I would like
to create a script to identify the tapes that have been written to since a
specific time (8AM - day before) and alert the operator to eject the tape.
The questions I have are:

Do you use "bpimagelist" to identify the tapes, how does this work if you do
not want to eject the netbackup catalog tapes?

I know some companies will keep the tapes in the drive until they are full
and use bpmedialist, is this recommended or should one remove the tapes from
the drive as soon as possible, for disaster recovery?

Also, what is the logical process of removing tapes, do people use mailslot
(I have no idea what it is for).

Cheers,

Tim.

the system manager.