Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Linux client and Network timeouts

2002-12-11 06:18:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Linux client and Network timeouts
From: mrtom AT dr DOT com (tom wa)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 06:18:52 -0500
Hello,

I recently started upgrading our Linux clients from 3.4 to 4.5. On only the
second machine I started running in to problems.

The server is on Win2k and the admins are reporting failures with error 41
during the backup procedure. When the backup fails bpbkar also seems to consume
nearly all of the processor time..

I saw the thread
http://mailman.eng.auburn.edu/pipermail/veritas-bu/2002-August/012071.html
which seems to report the same symptoms although I couldn't find a fix.

So far I have upgraded two machines, which are both identical in hardware,
mounts and OS. The main differences are the contents of /home. The problem
machine does have many small files which I suspect is causing the problem.

At the moment I'm having to revert back to using 3.5. I have tried both 4.5 and
4.5MP2.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Tom.
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

One click access to the Top Search Engines
http://www.exactsearchbar.com/mailcom