Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Issues with Java gui

2002-12-09 19:18:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Issues with Java gui
From: scurry AT yahoo-inc DOT com (Steve Curry)
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 16:18:46 -0800
Paul-

I have had various issues with the java gui as well. :(  The one that sticks
in my mind is that 90% of the time when trying to initiate a restore via the
java gui, the destination client tab is grayed out.  This prevents me from
restoring to an alternate client which is what I want to do 100% of the
time.  I have had little to no response/support from Veritas on this issue
(which is the norm) and my only fix is to use the windows gui or command
line.  I have applied all patches from the Veritas support site and this
hasn't resolved anything.  Veritas recommends applying the patches, and
after telling them I have, they go into 'side-stepping mode'.  This makes me
think they know of the issue but are not prepared to address it.

Has anyone got similar/different results?

Steve Curry
Yahoo! Inc.