Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Full Tape Report

2002-12-06 15:52:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Full Tape Report
From: boatm005 AT admin.ndis.umn DOT edu (Paul Boatman)
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 14:52:12 -0600
Wow ! Great Info ! !

>>> Louis-Luc Le Guerrier <leguerri AT Canr.Hydro.Qc DOT Ca> 12/06/02 02:45PM

If you're using UNIX, you may want to try:

% bpmedialist | grep 8mm | cut -c1-7,65-72

where
8mm is the name of the type of media you use which is on the first
line
     this grabs the first line only
1-7 extracts the media ID column
65-72 extracts the other column you need.

You may redirect this output into a file, and import it into Excel.

If you're under DOS, I suggest you redirect the output of bpmedialist
into a file.
C:\> BPMEDIALIST > MYFILE
Then extract the first line containing the media ID:
C:\> FIND "8mm" MYFILE > MYFILE1
Then, you can bring that single-lined file MYFILE1 into Excel, or make
a small BASIC program to extract the columns you need.

If you're under Windows, get to DOS and try the same.

Anyone knows how to reply to an existing article? I don't know, so I
pasted the original text below...

Thanks, and I hope this will work...

This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not
understand

------_=_NextPart_001_01C285B8.63885170

Is it possible to use bpmedialist to generate a report with only the
media
ID and Status?  The report generated by bpmedialist doesn't keep all
the
data on the same row and I want to import the data into excel.  Anybody
got
an answer?

Thanks,
Darby Moses
Operations
Leviton mfg.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C285B8.63885170

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>Full tape report</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Is it possible to use bpmedialist to
=
generate a report with only the media ID and Status?&nbsp; The report
=
generated by bpmedialist doesn't keep all&nbsp; the data on the same =
row and I want to import the data into excel.&nbsp; Anybody got an =
answer?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Thanks,</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Darby Moses</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Operations</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Leviton mfg.</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C285B8.63885170--