Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] /kernel/drv/st.conf NetBackup DataCenter 3.4

2002-12-06 11:37:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] /kernel/drv/st.conf NetBackup DataCenter 3.4
From: dritschel62 AT yahoo DOT com (Douglas Ritschel)
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 08:37:11 -0800 (PST)
We just converted from a Storage Tek L40 with 2
DLT8000 drives to an L700 with DLT8000 drives. We're
running Solaris 2.6, Veritas DataCenter 34, Patch
34_2.

Veritas Tech support said to add the following lines
to the st.conf:

"QUANTUM DLT8000", "Quantum DLT8000 Tape Drive",
"DLT8k-data";
DLT8k-data = 1,0x38,0,0x19639,4,0x1a,0x1b,0x41,0x41,3;

Then rebuild the sg driver as follows:

# rem_drv sg
# rm /dev/sg/*
# rm /kernel/drv/sg.conf
vi /etc/devlink.tab and remove lines that start with:
type=ddi_pseudo;name=sg
# rm /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/driver/sg.conf
# rm /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/driver/sg.links
# cd /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/driver
# cp sg.links.all sg.links
# cp sg.conf.all sg.conf
# cd /usr/openv/volmgr/bin
# ./sg.build all -mt 15 -ml 7
# cd /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/driver
# ./sg.install

We have one scsi controller connected to the L700
robot and one controller connected to the DLT8000 (the
first DLT8000 daisy chaned to the second DLT8000.) The
L700 is scsi target id 0 and the drives are scsi
target 1 and 2.

There is nothing else on these scsi controllers, so I
don't see why they suggested rebuilding the sg driver.
It looks like the default was to have 7 target ids (0
through 6) with only one lu per target (lu 0).

--- "Donaldson, Mark" <Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com>