Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DB2 on MSCS (former no subject)

2002-12-06 07:54:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DB2 on MSCS (former no subject)
From: mander47 AT sca.csc DOT com (Michael G Andersen)
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 13:54:39 +0100
Hi Rolf

Can you run the backup script from the client ?

Try to take look at http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/231014.htm revised
SQL db config for MSCS, I think that will give you some ideas.

Do have more than one NIC in each machine ?

If you still are having problems you welcome to mail me at
nbuscripts AT post.cybercity DOT dk in the weekend.

Regards
Michael

                    "Rolf"

                    <rolfcolmer          To:     <veritas-bu AT
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
                    @hotmail.com>        cc:

                    Sent by:             Subject:     [Veritas-bu] (no subject)

                    veritas-bu-ad

                    min

                    06-12-02

                    12:22

Hi,

I have a MSCS cluster running a DB2 database.   We are implementing a
Netbackup 3.4 backup, and are experiencing problems  which we are currently
finding unresolvable.  Currently when we run the  backup, the backup runs
for several hours, and does not seem to be actually  doing anything!  We
have checked the event log, and it appears that the DB2  database is
reporting a serious failure when the backup is kicked  off.

Although we (now!) know that Netbackup 3.4 DB2  agent is not supported in a
MS Cluster environment, we are currently not in a  position to upgrade to
the supported 4.5 version of Netbackup to resolve these  issues.  Has
anyone encountered, and managed to solve these issues?   Does anybody have
any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your  help...