Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] (no subject)

2002-12-06 06:22:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] (no subject)
From: rolfcolmer AT hotmail DOT com (Rolf)
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 12:22:33 +0100

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C29D22.279B4010

Hi,

I have a MSCS cluster running a DB2 database.  We are implementing a =
Netbackup 3.4 backup, and are experiencing problems which we are =
currently finding unresolvable.  Currently when we run the backup, the =
backup runs for several hours, and does not seem to be actually doing =
anything!  We have checked the event log, and it appears that the DB2 =
database is reporting a serious failure when the backup is kicked off.

Although we (now!) know that Netbackup 3.4 DB2 agent is not supported in =
a MS Cluster environment, we are currently not in a position to upgrade =
to the supported 4.5 version of Netbackup to resolve these issues.  Has =
anyone encountered, and managed to solve these issues?  Does anybody =
have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help...

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C29D22.279B4010

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have a MSCS cluster running a DB2 =
database.&nbsp;=20
We are implementing&nbsp;a Netbackup 3.4 backup, and are experiencing =
problems=20
which we are currently finding unresolvable.&nbsp; Currently when we run =
the=20
backup, the backup runs for several hours, and does not seem to be =
actually=20
doing anything!&nbsp; We have checked the event log, and it appears that =
the DB2=20
database is reporting a serious failure when the backup is kicked=20
off.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Although we (now!) know that Netbackup =
3.4 DB2=20
agent is not supported in a MS Cluster environment, we are currently not =
in a=20
position to upgrade to the supported 4.5 version of Netbackup to resolve =
these=20
issues.&nbsp; Has anyone encountered, and managed to solve these =
issues?&nbsp;=20
Does anybody have any suggestions?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks in advance for your=20
help...</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C29D22.279B4010--