Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] imitation vault?

2002-12-05 16:09:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] imitation vault?
From: Ryan.Anderson AT udlp DOT com (Ryan Anderson)
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 15:09:32 -0600
Look at David Chapa's netbackupcentral.com in the scripts section for a
couple different duplication scripts--and the price is right. All
duplications use the NBU-included bpduplicate command with various
flags.

RCA
--
Ryan C. Anderson
Unix Administrator

>>> "Mike Shannon" <mikesha AT u.washington DOT edu> 12/05/02 02:14PM >>>
Is there a cheap alternitive to bpvault to do offsite backups?

We have Netbackup DC, but unfortunitly we're funded off of research
grants
and money is limited, spending $34k for this option isn't very likely
happen.

We have an ATL P3000 with 326 tapes and 16 drives - using a sun e4500
as our
media server (obviously times have been better, we're just strapped for
cash
now).

Thanks!

Mike