Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP backup fails on SnapMirrored Volumes

2002-12-03 07:29:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP backup fails on SnapMirrored Volumes
From: mark_a_k AT yahoo DOT com (Mark Kilpatrick)
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 04:29:57 -0800 (PST)
Hi,  I am trying to find a resolution to this issue
below.  Can anyone backup Active SnapMirrored
destination volumes on a netapp filer?

Configuration:
2 * NetApp F820 Filers with OnTap 6.1.3R2
W2000 SrvPk3 is Master server
NBU 4.5 MP2 on Master server

SnapMirror is in use to snap two volumes from Filer 1
to Filer 2

Filer1
I can successfully backup all volumes on Filer1...
/vol/vol0/
/vol/common/
/vol/users/

Filer2:
Two out of three of the volume backups fail on Filer2.

The error is NDMP backup failure (99)  - suggesting
that the file list is not vaild!
The two volumes which fail are snapmirrored (active).
/vol/vol0/ is successful as is any extension of the
file path, i.e /vol/vol0/home/ .
My configured file list is valid and identical to
Filer1.

Thanks for any help received.

Mark