Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DR Question

2002-12-04 11:39:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DR Question
From: Robert.Vuerstaek AT comparex DOT be (Robert.Vuerstaek AT comparex DOT be)
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 17:39:16 +0100
Hello,

Every day I duplicate the images that have been backed up over the night.
Therefore I use the following command:

      bpduplicate -dp <destination _pool_name> -hoursago 24 -dstunit
<destination_storage-unit>-mpx

This duplicates all the images that have been backed up during the last 24
hours to the destination pool (ex. offstite)
After the duplication, the tapes are ejected from the robot and sent to an
offsite location.

Robert

                      "Johnson, Chris"

                      <Chris.Johnson AT marriott DOT com>        To:
"'veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu'"
                      Sent by:                             <veritas-bu AT
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
                      veritas-bu-admin AT mailman DOT eng        cc:

                      .auburn.edu                         Subject:
[Veritas-bu] DR Question

                      04/12/2002 16:59

Hello All,

I have a question.  Has anybody setup any manual DR classes to send data
offsite?  Basically I want to be able to send offsite some data and the
best way I can think of it to setup duplicate backup classes with their own
volume pool and sent those tapes offsite.  It's ugly because I'll have to
backup the data twice so I can send one copy offsite and leave the other
onsite to perform normal restores.

I have a master/media Unix server and the clients are all NT/2000.

Does anybody has a better idea?

Thanks,

Chris