Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] ethernet interface on an L180

2002-11-28 08:49:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] ethernet interface on an L180
From: ssesar AT rcn DOT com (Steven L. Sesar)
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 08:49:30 -0500
Well, I won't flame you and I read on ; )

I'm not familiar with the Horizon product, but it looks like it's an SNMP
monitor with a web front end and some hooks into a few commercial monitoring
tools, or something along those lines.

I would think that if you have the facility to assign an address/netmask to
the library interface, then you already have the capability to pass IP.

Make sure that both ports are set for 100FDX. Port mismatch will exhibit the
behavior you are seeing.

As far as what you can do with it once you're passing IP, I don't know. You
may very need an add-on product to do anything useful.